Our client is the leader in Environmental Management and Sustainability in Nigeria, and partners with the best international environmental companies in the world. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Administers employee health, welfare and retirement plans company-wide. Benefit programs include
- Acts as liaison between employees, insurance providers and to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
- Provides administrative support to human resources function as needed e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance.
- Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers, Conducts employee presentations.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers; reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment; resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by, regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans, Refers difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives.
- Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Performs recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for select positions at headquarters, Maintains records related to same.
- Writes, revises, edits and proofreads company policies & procedures and related documents as needed.
- Uses electronic benefits-bulletin board and other vehicles to communicate information.
- Normal working conditions but may be required to work extended hours working in an open plan office working 5 days per week with some late, early and weekend work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge of HRIS and CIPM qualification or training will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 3 years Human Resource experience preferably in a Human Resource or Corporate Services department
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; good verbal/written skills and presentation skills; good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail.
| || |