A new internationally funded development project seeks the following candidate for immediate placement in a new Abuja office to manage an innovative advocacy in child and family health project.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Locations: Abuja and Kano
- Under the direction of the Director of Grants and Finance, the Finance Officer will make and manage budgets and be responsible for ensuring compliance with contractual requirements of donor funds.
- S/he will assist the Director of Grants and Finance to ensure the accurate keeping of all books of accounts for projects; including checking account, supply registers and all accounting records;
- Ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of the project; support accounting workflows of the office
- The incumbent will also be required to prepare financial reports for projects, monitor and track obligations arid expenditure as well as analyze burn rates; provide training and backstopping on the accounting systems.
- The ideal candidate will possess a First degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or in any other relevant field
- 2-5 years of post National Youth Service experience, of which at least 1 year must be in similar role in a donor funded program
- A candidate with professional accounting qualification; proven ability to management grants; excellent computer skills with specialty in spread sheet, accounting software or a relevant Post Graduate Degree will have an advantage
Application Closing Date
For First Screening: 30th November, 2014
For Second Screening: 14th December, 2014
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and 1 page letter of application to: [email protected]
Please insert applicant’s full name and post applied for in the subject of the E-mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.