Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of the Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
Career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals within the Geoscience function. We are recruiting superior caliber Geoscientists (Trainee) with the highest standards of integrity, capacity for hard work, ability to build strong working relationships and effectively interact in a multi-cultural environment.
The successful candidate must have clear understanding of basic geoscience concepts and principles as well as be self-motivated with the ability to make effective individual contributions within a functional team. No previous experience required, but demonstrated ability to learn and integrate quickly is an advantage.
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following qualifications:
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics). Candidates expecting to obtain a PhD or Master’s degree by October 2014 may also apply
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics) or Physics
- Possess NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
The successful candidates will undergo a 2-3 years training program in various Geoscience skill areas. The training will be both formal and on the job and will prepare the individuals for assignments in any designated aspect of petroleum exploration and production anywhere in Nigeria.
These positions offer competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements listed for these positions, please submit your application online athttp://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply to submit your CV, degree certificate(s) or unofficial transcript(s), latest transcript if presently enrolled on a Master’s programme and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificate.
Applications without appropriate upload of these documents will be disqualified.
How to Navigate the Website
- Log onto http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply
- Click on Search openings
- In the keyword search box, enter 17111BR
- Click ‘Search’
- Click on 2014 Global Geoscience Campus
- Begin your application process by clicking on ‘Apply to Job’ (create login ID – email address and password required)
This advert closes 2 weeks from the date of this publication.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in their being disqualified.