Accion is a global nonprofit dedicated to building a financially inclusive world with economic opportunity for all, by giving people the financial tools they need to improve their lives. We are building the next generation of top-tier microfinance institutions, and over the last 50 years have helped create 63 such institutions in 32 countries on four continents that today reach millions of clients. Our impact investing initiatives are pushing beyond microfinance to catalyze more than 20 innovative start-ups dedicated to improving the efficiency, reach and scope of financial services forthe poor. And our Center for Financial Inclusion is helping to build a stronger industry with high standards. Currently, our work spans nearly two dozen countries, including the U.S., where we are the nation’s largest nonprofit microfinance network.
Resident Adviser – Electronics Channels Specialist, Microfinance Bank
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience8 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical ICT
Designs, implements and maintains the channel strategy to support the MFI’s alternative delivery channel strategy. Provides project management and advisory services on channels initiatives and projects. Understands customer needs and create optimum usage and uptake of electronic channels. Creates internal awareness and knowledge sharing. Contributes to the profitability and growth of electronic channels by creating and maintaining services which are customer focused and support the strategic growth and objectives of AMfB. Identifies new channels to improve customer adoption and retention. Assists in the promotion of AMfB products and services via various electronic channels. Promotes a positive image and ensure that electronic channels effectively support our brand image.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide channels and digital financial services guidance, advisory services, and project management:
- Work with business units to understand the business challenges, objectives and bottlenecks they face in order to design a channels strategy;
- Work with the technology team to ensure the core infrastructure (i.e. core banking system, network infrastructure, connectivity, finance, reporting) support daily electronic and digital channels objectives and operations;
- Evaluate, monitor, and support the development of human resource capacity to manage the channels and digital financial services and activities.
- Provide input on the strategy and planning for developments and improvements of digital financial services offerings including Agency banking by the bank and strategic partners.
- Support the offerings of digital financial services by providing hands-on consulting and guidance for channels and technology solutions.
- Design and support innovations and interventions; to include strengthening the technology offerings, functionality enhancements, process improvements, integration capacity with clients using the solution, inputs and improvements.
- Develop knowledge and information sharing within the bank with focus on electronic channels and digital financial services in order to provide quality, value–add services, profitability, awareness, and marketing and performance metrics.
- Manage electronic and digital finance services projects from start to finish including needs assessment/evaluation, Scope of Work (SOW) creation, contract negotiation, and delivery of consultancies, review and approval of deliverables and invoices, and project closure.
- Contribute to the development of the Channels strategic plan that will guide rapid growth and electronic channels;
- Implement the growth strategies, including planning/opening new agents, growth of the existing channels, and development of new electronic products and services.
- Capacity building for the whole organization, branch staff and agents :
- Create an organization-wide awareness, recruit agents , incentivize, create competent agents and e-business employees;
- Provide effective training to Regional managers, Area Managers branch managers, loan officers, and Collection Officers, based on international best practices.
- Operational procedures and compliance:
- Develop and strengthen the policies, procedures, and controls of the institution relating to electronic channels and digital finance ,agent management , and reporting;
- Prepare new procedures when launching new electronic products or other digital finance services in link with the organization’s operation department.
- Planning, monitoring, and reporting:
- Together with CIO, direct the preparation of the electronic channels operations plan and budget, by branch, by region;
- Develop and implement adequate agency and branch performance reporting system, including product performance, uptake, and profitability.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, and/or related fields is required. Masters or MBA is preferred;
- About 8-10 years of experience in the banking, microfinance and electronic channels /or branchless banking, preferably with significant operational experience in digital channels and agency network management;
- Project management experience: detail and process oriented. Ability to motivate and develop staff;
- Understanding of financial services and banking, knowledge of electronic channels, digital finance and agency (branchless) banking.
- Business and technical skills in key functional area(s) which include delivery channels, information and communications technology, financial services technology, and training and capacity building with channels and digital finance;
- Passion, curiosity, knowledge, and understanding of new technologies and digital delivery channels;
- Ability to define the channels strategy, strategic planning and business requirements for use of channels and technology;
- Ability to operate with a minimum of supervision;
- Strong industry related analytical skills, e.g. read and interpret financial statements;
- Collaborative in nature, strong written and oral communication skills, and high comfort-level in presenting to executive teams;
- Strong negotiation skills and business judgment
Resident Adviser-Regional Expansion Specialist, Microfinance Bank
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience8 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Summary of Job
The incumbent of the position is responsible for: a) Supporting the Chief Commercial Officer to implement the business expansion plans of the bank across Nigeria in manner that ensures uniform application of the bank’s brand, policy and processes b)support and monitor the regional teams and the branch managers in achieving the objectives of the bank; c) Provide support to the Regional Managers to achieve business growth by achieving the targets set for the regions and branches; d) provide support to ensure compliance of the policies and procedures of the bank in the branches through regular monitoring and follow-up; e) provide support to ensure the safeguard of the assets and interests of the bank across the region network and f) support the regional teams to create and maintain good relationship with various stakeholders (i.e. regulators, donors and the communities).
- Establish the policies, processes and procedures for business expansion across the regions together with the Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Operations officer; covering new market overview and feasibility report, zoning methodology, approval process, credit process, branch opening, business development, product modifications etc.
- Develop a template for branch expansion and/or developing outreach across regions taking into consideration regulatory and legal compliances as required.
- Plan and implement branch network expansion/services delivery across regions in a well thought out and methodical manner to achieve time bound network expansion milestones.
- Lead the process for training the regional and area managers to enable them fully and successfully establish in the new regions and provide ongoing hands on support for each new region established for first 12 months.
- Provide leadership to the regional team and branches in achieving the objectives and targets set for the regions and branches.
- Ensure that the Regions under his supervision fully comply with all the policies and procedures covering credit, financial and human resources of the bank.
- Follow up of important customers as well as delinquent customers; and chairs sometimes the Regional Loan Committee.
- Developing staff capacity through ongoing need-assessment and support to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of resources, share success stories & best practices across regions and provide mentoring/coaching as may be required.
- Follow up of the recovery plan at regional level in coordination with the Recovery Manager and Regional Recovery Supervisors.
- Update of the market situation, particularly, competitors to Accion Microfinance Bank and build national level efficiency and competitive advantage for AMfB.
- Scale up outreach of the bank’s operations within the regions, in accordance with the approved budget while ensuring the quality of the portfolio.
- Facilitate development of annual budget and implementation plans in consultation with the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Conduct periodic and regular visits to various Regions, branches and sub-branches to provide management and operational oversight so as to help co-ordinate activities and link capabilities across regions.
- Support the Regional Managers to achieve various planned business, operational and management targets in timely manner.
- Support regional manager to ensure accountability for all regional fixed assets in terms of their adequate and updated inventory records, being utilized properly and making sure that they are in good and functioning order.
- Comply with reporting requirements as required to update the CCO and Management team on overall regional expansion and business growth measures taken time to time.
- Any other identical task as may be agreed from time to time with the Chief Commercial Officer.
Desired Skills and Experience
Job Requirements (Minimum Requirements)
A. Education: Academic Bachelors degree in economics or sciences. Masters or MBA is preferred.
B. Experience: At least 8 – 10 years experience in banking or Microfinance, where at least 5 years of it serving in a managerial role in charge of regional branch expansion and business growth.
C. Skills: Ability to recognize opportunities and risks across operations boundaries in regions. , ability to co-ordinate activities among teams across regions , ability to track product and market trends across regions, a good command of written and spoken English, good computer literacy, advance understanding of the concept, theory and practice of Microfinance Banking will be required
D. Personal Traits: Social concern; committed; believing in, and committed to staff capacity building; respectful to customers.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidate should click here to apply online.
| || |