- Job Category: Engineering, Oil and Gas
- Experience 0 year(s)
- Location Nigeria
We at West African Ventures work in an extremely exciting and challenging industry, which is very demanding.
For those who are not afraid of hard work it is fun! It is not without a reason the group’s slogan is:
“We work hard because it is fun!”.
Working for WAV means being part of an enthusiastic hard-working and motivated team with numerous opportunities for development and promotion.
AHTS / Utility Fleet
The Chief Engineer is head of the engineering department and has authority over all engineering and planned maintenance.
The Chief Engineer is a 100% professional with hands on, in depth experience in all operational and technical aspects of Offshore operations (Winch handling, cargo, liquids and bulk handling, Maintenance and engineering,
troubleshooting, …). Besides excellent technical skills, the Chief Engineer has the management skills to train, coach and maintain his engineering crew to the standards of Sea Trucks Group, and to their own potential.
The Chief Engineer maintains pro-actively all communication lines with superintendents and the Technical Management.
- Responsible for the efficient, safe running and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and ancillary equipment and deck machinery on board the vessel;
- Operational excellence and display of Seamanship;
- Ensure that the Planned Maintenance System is properly maintained and reported. This includes inventories on board, Maintenance and Breakdowns, and the maintenance of Technical Manuals, Tools and Instructions;
- Ensure all certification is in date;
- Assist the vessel’s Master in preparing dry dock specification and work scopes;
- Assist the vessel’s Master to implement and maintain the Company’s policies and Safety Management System;
- Ensure that all Engine Room Watch keeping duties are fulfilled.
- Fluent in verbal / written English;
- Fully licensed Chief Engineer III/2 in accordance with STCW 95;
- Valid Medical Certificate;
- Training and up to date certification in accordance with STCW 95 and Flag State Regulations;
- Genuine, proven and documented Offshore Seamanship.
Send cv/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org