An Assistant Chief Engineer with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for all maintenance issues within the hotel, and delivering an excellent Guest and Team Member experience while performing daily checks, repairing equipment, and coordinating renovation projects.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
Assistant Chief Engineer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Chief Engineer in overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance
- Assist in ensuring all required documentation is in place and maintained for any energy management, conservation
and preventive maintenance programs
- Direct daily department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, and adherence to federal, state and local standards.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision
and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Perform daily checks around the hotel
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Assist in ensuring all required training is carried out within the department
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe
To successfully fill this role you should be able to demonstrate the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- Highly professional in appearance, character and conduct
- Positive attitude and team spirit
- Effective interpersonal skills, resourcefulness and creativity
- Display passion for our guests and enthusiasm for the job
- Ability to work under pressure and to adjust to flexible working hours
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace – fluency in English is required; any other additional language skills are appreciated
- Good communication skills
- Engineering Degree or equivalent education is required. Electrical or Electromechanical is preferred
- Five to ten years related experience in a similar position with managerial capacity is required
- Previous work/studies experience in a foreign country is preferred
- Previous Hotel experience would be a plus
- Display of comprehensive computer skills
- Take full responsibility for the Engineering function in the absence of the Chief Engineer, making decisions and communicating results to other department heads to ensure the dept. provides a seamless service at all times
- Knowledge in managing the day-to-day activities of an Engineering team
- Great organizational and problem solving skills with emphasis on “people management”
- Ability to train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct Team members
- Ability to take a customer focused decision independently, whilst remaining cognizant of all management principles
- Effective negotiation and analytical skills, detail oriented and customer oriented approach
- Experience in office procedures, ordering materials, record keeping systems, applicable building laws, building construction, blueprint reading, etc.
- Continuously suggest new concepts and improve existing processes that will benefit revenues, costs and guests’ and associates’ satisfaction
- Learn new technology with ease
- Knowledge in overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems. Access and input information via the computer and generate required reports
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure
- Extensive knowledge in Repair & Maintenance and Energy management skills
- Extensive knowledge in guest room maintenance program and public area maintenance
- Extensive knowledge in preventive and periodic maintenance program of all MEP equipment’s, irrigation, landscaping, pool, health and recreation facility equipment
- Thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water treatment, heat exchangers, calorifiers and refrigeration equipment’s
- Thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems, power, water, LPG and steam related systems
- Knowledge of HVAC, Power distribution and BMS systems
- Knowledge in fire and safety equipment’s and fire and safety standards
- Knowledge of hygiene, health & safety aspects
- Knowledge in major Audio Visual system for conference area is preferred
- Knowledge in CCTV, security, guest room electronic door lock system
- Advanced knowledge and experience with maintenance, service and repairs all equipment
- Must be well acquainted with the emergency procedures i.e. fire, bomb threat, medical and power failure
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts — the global leader of hospitality.
More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest ooms
Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year – Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here