AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. Since 2001 we have worked closely with key stakeholders to reduce the burden and mitigate the impact of those diseases through cutting edge, innovative & sustainable approaches.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the following position:
Job Title: Front Desk Associate
Reporting To: The Senior Admin Officer,
The Front Desk Associate will receive and attend to visitors and enquiries as well as manage all official telephone calls, mails, fax and other correspondences. S/he will also have responsibility for providing back-office secretarial support on routine basis and preparatory to planned training programmes.
- Receive and attend to visitors and guests as well as manage enquiries by providing responses or routing them to relevant staff members
- Manage official incoming and outgoing telephone calls, make calls for and route incoming calls to, relevant staff members
- Despatch and receive mails through courier companies, keep record of outgoing and incoming mails, ensure their timely delivery and conduct preliminary review of bills submitted for courier services rendered
- Disseminate official news/information to junior staff members without/unable to access their mail accounts
- Maintain an effective and efficient filing system for program and administrative documents
- Maintain contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of staff members and site officials
- Produce electronic copies of documents by scanning, as requested by staff members
- Assist in the preparation for, and reporting on, training programmes, especially in the design and printing of certificates and tags for training participants
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in the Social Sciences or the Humanities and a minimum of 1-2 years’ cognate experience, preferably in a non-governmental organization or development agency.
- The ideal candidate should not be older than 24 years.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skill
- Ability to use own initiative
- Customer service experience
- Courteousness and politeness
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2014