Hamilton Lloyd and Associates- Our client is a mid-size engineering and project management company with businesses in home building, real estate, telecommunications and power sectors in Lagos, Nigeria but with operations in other African countries (Gabon, Ghana, Congo Uganda and Tanzania).
Due to internal expansion in their Lagos branch, they have decided to hire a Construction Manager.
Job Title: Construction Manager
- Responsible for Planning, managing and delivery of the projects.
- Responsible for providing internal and external highlight, reports, managing issues and risks that impact on the projects.
- Required to interface and build relationship with the client on all technical and operational issues.
- Will be the technical lead on the project and required to advice on all technical issues that impact on the projects.
- Responsible for managing all sub-contractors working on the projects and ensure that they deliver to budget, time and quality.
- Will be required to report at agreed regular intervals to the Directors.
- Will be involved in putting together technical bids for potential business opportunities, and in the pursuit of new or emerging opportunities.
- Where required, will be responsible for providing training to staff on projects.
- Will be required to provide any other duties that the company deems a business priority at any given time.
- Will be required to make business plan inputs in conjunction with the commercial department.
- Responsible for compiling Qa/Qc policy for the company.
- Serve as Qa/Qc consultant for the company’s projects.
- Be involved in selection and approval of finishes materials & domestic subcontractors for the projects.
- Responsible for delivering the projects to the specified standards.
- Required to develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
Knowledge And Skills Required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- A postgraduate in construction management or project management is an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 yrs of experience in construction projects
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of relevant ICT systems.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2014