In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Manager
- The Field Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of Save the Children’s Programme in Borno. This includes responsibility for ensuring integrated, high quality program delivery and a safe and effective presence of Save the Children in Borno, oversight and ultimate responsibility for the timely delivery of projects, currently across all sectors: Child Protection, Health, including WASH and Education; as well as maintains effective relationships with all other key players in the area (NGO, UN, and governmental) to ensure effective coordination of activities and ability to implement.
- S/he is also responsible for the efficient and effective operation of support services – Logistics, Security, Finance and Human Resources/administration. In coordination with the, Country Director, Director for Program Operations, Humanitarian Program Manager and other senior staff, s/he has overall responsibility for safety of staff and security of staff and operations in the field site.
- S/he is responsible for team leadership, human resources management, oversight of all programs, and management of SC facilities and assets in the locality.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc or preferably M.Sc in a related field.
- 3 years related experience especially with international humanitarian programmes.
- Proven understanding of development issues in the country and region.
- Management and supervisory experience.
- Excellent written communication, including the preparation of complex documents to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong personal communication skills, ability to facilitate liaison between different sectors.
- Good financial, budget and grant management skills.
- Able to work and travel in difficult conditions.
- Able to work with diverse team members.
- Good training skills, with a proven ability to build capacity of others in report writing.
- Solid Knowledge of donor funded projects (ECHO, USAID, DFID, etc.)
- Must be from the North East. (Particularly Borno)
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their C.V’s and covering letter explaining why you are suitable to:Nigeria.OperationsVacancy@savethechildren.org State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the closing date above will not be considered.
Note: Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.