- Job Category: Admin, Ngo, Banking and Finance Jobs In Nigeria
- Experience 5 year(s)
- Location Nigeria
Chemonics seeks food security technical specialists for USAID’s anticipated Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) 7 activity. This is the next phase of USAID’s flagship food security and early warning activity, which has become the standard for evidence-based decision-making for humanitarian needs. FEWS NET conducts timely, relevant, and evidence-based analyses on the causes, levels, and consequences of food insecurity, driving decision-making at the international, national, and local levels. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Food security technical specialists
We seek experts in the following areas for anticipated short-, medium-, and long-term assignments:
- Food security
- Market and trade analysis
- Capacity strengthening and network development
- Research design
- Data management
- Information and communications technology
- Project communications
- Learning and knowledge sharing
- Master’s degree in food security, development economics, international trade and development, public policy, agricultural economics, information and communications technology, communications, or a related field; a bachelor’s degree in a related field with eight years of relevant experience is also acceptable
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience leading and managing teams
- Ability to successfully lead and manage challenging activities involving effective collaboration with local, regional, and international organization counterparts
- Broad knowledge of and experience working in developing countries
- Experience working on a USAID project preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English (written and spoken) required
Send electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 30, 2016. Please include “Food security technical specialists” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “food security technical specialists – FEWS NET 7” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.