Barclays Bank of Kenya : Banking Careers in Kenya 2011
Barclays Bank of Kenya Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides a range of banking, financial, and related services. The company provides various consumer banking services, including savings and transactional accounts, premier and premier life banking accounts, local business banking services; and personal and business loans, asset finance, and mortgages loans, as well as debit and credit cards.
JOB TITLE: PREMISES OFFICER – B3 – 00050863
Posting Range:19/08/2011 – 04/09/2011
Reporting to the Premises Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide technical support to Barclays Bank of Kenya for the design, development, management and security of the business capital assets in particular, Bank’s land, premises, plant, machinery, equipment, furniture and fittings.
Preparation of and monitoring of all property related business cases in Barclays Bank of Kenya, to ensure consistency of approach, design guidelines and implementation of Barclays Africa requirements.
Principal responsibility will be Quantity Survey Work for all Building projects.
- Service excellence
- People management, both from a staff and customer perspective
- Analytical thinking
- Communication, verbal and written
- Decision making
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Business focus
- Managing relataionships
- Good Project Management disciplines and best practice
- Detailed knowledge of statutory and legal obligations relation to Property.
- Awareness of best practice budgeting and corporate planning process
- In-depth knowledge of building construction processed in Kenya
- Detailed knowledge of Bank’s standards and policy on property, premises Design and accommodation in line with Design Guidelines
- At least one year hands – on experience in Qunatity Survey in a reputable institution.
- Qualification in the fields of Building Economics, Quantity Surveying, Basic Architectural design and Services Engineering, Estate Management.
- Detailed property/construction market knowledge and understanding covering; marketdrivers, materials, trends and technology.
- Commercial knowledge and skills covering technical procurement skills and market/supply management tools/techniques .
- Professional Training being offered at Public Universities e.g. Degree in Building Economics or Quantity Surveying.
- Registered with Proffessional Registration Board.